When installing PlanSwift or upgrading PlanSwift, you need to close any Microsoft Office applications that may be running (Excel, Outlook, etc.) and it’s best practice to disable your virus scanner for the installation.
Installing PlanSwift updates is simple and fast. This quick guide will show you how to do it.
1. Select the Help tab along the top of your screen.
2. Select the Check for Updates button.
3. The Automatic Update screen opens - click Next. PlanSwift will automatically check for updates.
4. If your copy does not need updating, you will be shown that you have the latest copy. Click Finish to end the updates.
5. If you need updates you will be shown what updates need to be installed. Click Next to download updates to your computer.
Note: if you see a message asking you to check your internet connection, and you have a good internet connection, check https://www.planswift.com/dl/ to download the most current release.
6. After the updates are downloaded, click on Next.
7. You can follow the progress of the updates with the download bar.
8. Leave the Launch PlanSwift checkbox checked, and click on Finish to complete the installation process and launch PlanSwift.
9. Windows 7 through Windows 10 users may see a window asking if you want to proceed and install the software and/or allow it to access the network.
10. PlanSwift will automatically restart with the latest updates working, welcome you to PlanSwift, and ask you to activate by entering your Email Address and Password. These should have already been set up in your My Account for PlanSwift. If you have not, click here.
To watch a video (of PlanSwift 9.0) program updating, click here.