In this guide, you will learn how to addWaste %to your items.
Some parts already have the waste percentage property, such as new material parts, or items from our pre-madeParts and Assemblies. Adding a waste percentage is very easy.
1. To start off, openPropertiesby right-clicking on an item you want to edit; then from that Propertieswindow, click onAdvanced.
2. From here, check to see whether the Waste %property is already under theEstimating group. If it is not, it can be added by clicking the green plus sign in the top left of theAdvanced Propertieswindow.
3. AnEdit Propertywindow will open up. In the name field, input 'Waste %'. Make sure the Typefield reads as 'Number', and for theGroupfield, assign it toEstimating. If you would like a drop-down list to select different waste percentages from, you can create aSimple Listin the large blank field to the right. To create a list, simply input numbers you would like to use. Each number needs to be on its own line, for example:
4. SelectOk to close theEdit Propertywindow. To incorporate this waste percentage into your Qty, you will need to add the property we just made into theFormula Editor. At the end of the formula that is already in there, you will add:
* ([Waste %]/100+1).
5. This will multiply theQtyby the percentage of waste you have so that it incorporates it into your total. The reason you divide by 100 is to change the whole number you initially input into a percentage. Before adding that formula to the end of yourQty, make sure that it isn't already being applied. If you want theWaste %to show up on the input you see when using an item, check the check-box on the far right of theWaste %property.