There are two ways to set scale, have the program calculate it (recommended) or trust the scale listed on the plan and select a "Standard Scale" from the drop-down.
Calculating the Scale Using a Known Dimension (Recommended)
To scale a plan image:
1. Click on the plan image that needs to be scaled.
2. Select a dimension on the plan image to scale, preferably one over 20 feet long for best accuracy. It does not matter whether the dimension is horizontal or vertical, but for best results doing both will help.
3. Select theScalebutton from the toolbar.
4. Enter the dimension into theScale Dimensiondialog and click theOKbutton.
5. Now click two points on the plan image that correspond to the dimension entered. You will want to carefully zoom in and select the center of the dimension lines for best accuracy.
6. Once the image has been scaled, an arrow icon will appear next to the plan name in the Pageswindow. The arrow will also show the direction that page has been scaled.
Selecting a Standard Scale
Alternately, you can select from standard scaling options by selecting the lower portion of the button. However, automatic setting of scale is only as accurate as the scanned in drawings. Make sure you double check several dimensions on each page to make sure the scale was set accurately.
When you select a Standard scale, you must agree to the following disclaimer:
Note: To re-scale a page, simply repeat the above steps.
Note: A page should be scaled both horizontally and vertically for greatest accuracy. Just do the scale process once for a vertical measurement and once for a horizontal measurement.