The first step to importing a file from EastCoast CAD is to scan the file, to check whether there are items in your EastCoast CAD file that don’t correspond to the standard rectangular, round, and oval items. To do this, click on BIM on the menu bar of QuoteSoft Duct and select the option for EastCoast CAD. You will be presented with this pop-up window.
Click “Scan Import File” and select which file you would like to scan.
If any such items are found, you will be prompted to map their items to an accessory pressure file so that the items can be mapped properly when you import the EastCoast CAD file.
If there are items that do not correspond to any of the accessory pressure files that you already have, then you can cancel the scan and add those accessory pressure files before re-scanning.
Unlike some of the other types of BIM files that can be imported, the EastCoast CAD import process allows you to choose which items you would like to import before you begin the process. Simply select which types of items you would like to import by clicking on them so they have an “X” in the box next to them. You can also use the buttons on the right to check or uncheck all of the items.
In addition, there are several options on the screen that you can select, which will affect the import.
- Save exceptions list in attachments folder
- This will allow you to save the list of exceptions (errors in importing) in the attachments folder, so you can send this to QuoteSoft Technical Support if necessary. In addition, you can keep a record of which items had errors.
- Save import file in attachments folder
- This will save a copy of the import file into the attachments folder, so that it can be organised along with the Job's files, even when the Job is archived.
- Export labor data back to import file
- This will, once the import is completed, save the calculated labor data back to the EastCoast CAD file. This option will OVERWRITE the original file, NOT make a copy.
- Enable Fitting Chains
- This will allow Fitting Chains to be used with the import, taking off any associated items in any Fitting Chains you have set up. Otherwise, Fitting Chains will be ignored, even when the Fitting Chains option in Takeoff is enabled.
Once you have scanned the EastCoast CAD file and ensured that all of the items are properly mapped to items in QuoteSoft Duct, then you can import the file. Go back to BIM on the menu bar and under the option for EastCoast CAD, select “Import File”.
Then, you will be presented with the following screens.
Click “OK”, and you will be presented with a window where you can select the pressure files for each item. The item in question is listed in the title of this window.
Once you have selected a pressure file for each item, click “OK” to move on to the next one. Once you have finished assigning all of the pressure files, the file will import.
Once the file has finished being imported, you will be presented with the following screen.
If you would like to view whether there were any items that were not able to be imported and what those items are, click “Yes”. Otherwise, you can click “No” and return to Takeoff.
If you click “Yes”, QuoteSoft Duct will open a window in Notepad that features a list of all of the items and what they were assigned to, if anything. If items were skipped, this means you did not successfully complete the scan process before importing and you may need to try again. If you continue to have issues, you can contact QuoteSoft Technical Support at 800-813-7020.